Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Can't repeat the past?…Why of course you can!"

In case you haven't heard:

1. I'm a big fat nerd.

2. I love The Great Gatsby (the book, the 1974 film, the style, everything)3. Baz Luhrmann (director of Romeo and Juliet, Moulin Rouge, Australia) is making a remake of the beautiful tale of love, heartbreak, and corruption.4. All of these things add up to the fact that Leonardo DiCaprio (set to star as Mr. Jay Gatsby himself) is about the become as much a love in my life as he was when I was an awkward little 12 year old, starring up at the giant poster of him as Romeo, looking through the fish tank.
"Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter- tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther…And one fine morning-"

2 comments:

Bonnie and Mike Meyerson said...

Take lots of pics at your party!

jessica said...

Did you have the fish tank poster too?!?! Because I SURE DID!