When you want to do an assignment that shocks kids back into working hard and lets them know you mean business, before you assign a 2 (9th grade), 3 (10th grade) or 4 (11th grade) page biography paper during the first week of school, remember that you will be grading all of these papers at the same time. 400+ pages of reading is not the most fun way to spend your time and you will put it off to do things that are much more fun (i.e. dollar theater movies, volleyball, soccer games, and dates--all much better uses of time, yes?) and your students will bug you daily.
However, you do get to read little gems like this one...
"As I got older, I got bolder and sexier. JK the sexy ness didn't start till I was like 13 or 14."
2 comments:
Oh good to know!
I was a late bloomer myself into sexyland. But I got there. Oh I got there.
Send some papers this way and I'll read them for you.
Post a Comment