My students have been so awesome this week! I gave them a "talkin to" about their disrespect for teachers and for the school and had them write a letter to a teacher they had disrespected. They had to say how they'd been disrespectful, how they were going to improve, and what they appreciated about the teachers. I actually feel like it's made a difference at the school, but I'm also very optimistic.
They are so cute though. Some of them wrote to me and said some pretty funny stuff. "Sorry I make flirty comments, Miss Meyerson. I just mean it as a joke. Please forgive me if I seemed disrespectful."
Today was the last day before Christmas and a bunch of students actually came in and gave me presents and cards! I was really surprised. Jess and Kami (my roommates) keep coming home with tons of stuff since they teach 3rd graders, but I didn't expect to get anything for high school students, so it made me happy.
I'm looking forward to Christmas break, but I think I'm actually going to miss my students! Yeah, weird....
No comments:
Post a Comment