Thursday, February 24, 2011

Who gave this girl a teaching license?


Sometimes experiences at school leave me wondering how I was ever a teenager and how I chose to put up with these little terrorists everyday.

Sometimes experiences at school leave me wondering how anyone ever thought I was mature enough to be in charge of today's youth.

Today I experienced a little bit of both.

Kids drove me crazzzzzzzy today.

Then in one of my last periods of the day, I was talking to about 5 kids at once and one boy yelled,
Zach:"Did you seriously not just hear what Chris just called me?"
Me: "What? What did he say?"
Zach: "He called me a slut!"

Now, I have to defend the situation a little bit. The kids are friends and it wasn't a serious dispute. However, this is still HIGHLY inappropriate for a classroom, but I just cracked and started laughing and couldn't stop. I looked up after a minute of my head down, during which time they probably assumed I was fuming, and said, "I know I'm laughing, but that is seriously not okay!"

And with that, I destroyed all hopes of reigning that class back in and gave up.

Oh well. There's always tomorrow.

2 comments:

Bonnie and Mike Meyerson said...

The Barbie picture reminds me of you playing teacher with Cassie and Vicky!

the meyersons said...

I would laugh too.