You know what I think? Moms rock. But my mom REALLY rocks.

(Okay, I admit, I just think this picture is cute)
Only MY mom would...
...put up with my serious attitude in high school.
...pay for ballet lessons, jazz lessons, tap lessons, broadway lessons, singing lessons, piano lessons, swim lessons, water polo club fees, swim team fees, water polo fees, and whatever the heck else I tried to explore.
...trek across Manhattan in the freezing rain to get to the H&M to do an hour of shopping while dragging around luggage all before hopping back on the train at Penn Station to get to JFK airport.
...inspire me to become a teacher.
...let me be a bossy little sass, but still put me in my place when I need it.
...print off almost all of my research for big term papers in high school since she worked in the library. It's a wonder I was able to survive college since I did very little of my own research in high school!
...proofread all of my papers in middle school, high school, college, and NOW!
...teach me how to LOVE reading.
...tell me to stop being dramatic or judgmental and teach me to try and see what other people must be going through.
...go to a Ricky Martin concert with me.
...drive me EVERYWHERE before I had my licence.
...send me an encouraging email every single day of my freshman year of college. That's right. Every. Single. Day.
...teach me to be nice to everyone, even if it's uncomfortable or not popular.
....pay hundreds for prom dresses so that I could dress modestly but still feel cool.
...listen to me ramble on about education, whatever book I'm reading at the moment, my students, boys, shoes, makeup, or any other number of things that she doesn't REALLY care about, but does because she knows I care about them.
...love her children and grandchildren more than anything in the entire world and show it by giving up everything to make our lives a little happier.

1 comment:
I should not have read this at work because it made me cry! I love you bunches and bunches, forever and ever!
Post a Comment