
This is what happens when you go to Costco and you don't have a car! We only live 2 blocks from the store, but when you have a lot of heavy stuff, it's still not possible to carry it all! So, we stole a cart! Haha...we wouldn't have dared, but there's a big collection of carts to be returned down in the loading dock, so it's a pretty common occurrence. And we all know that as long as other people do it, it's not wrong.

We couldn't resist a geeky photo-op!

A pick at Arlington Cemetery...The Washington Monument is behind my head, so I look like a unicorn.
School:
I had a rough day on Friday, but today went much better, so I decided it'd be okay to write, because I won't just be complaining.
On Friday, I had my worst class. There are two students with IEPs (meaning they need some form of modified education) and everyone else is just HORRIBLE! They were so disrespectful to each other and to me. So, finally I realized threats won't work with them like they do with other classes and I realized I needed to follow through. So, I moved a couple people to different seats and I got a little stern with them. Which resulted in the comment, "ooooooh she's a mean student teacher!" It made me laugh, which I suppose is a good thing, because even though it was a stressful and frustrating day, I didn't take their comments or rudeness personally, which is a bi of a struggle for new teachers.
Today, I had different classes and one boy told me that I'm going to make a great teacher, because I heard him whisper while I was facing the opposite direction...twice. So, he was like, "ooh you're good! You're made for teaching." haha it made me feel a little better than being called mean, so I'll take what I can get!
I have to say, it feels pretty strange and wonderful to walk down the hall and hear "Hey, Miss Meyerson!" They always say hi to me and compliment my hair or outfits...well maybe not the ones in the class where I'm "mean," but the rest of them seem to enjoy class, which is a feat since I'm teaching research papers.
3 comments:
It sounds like MY students spent some time with YOUR students! The 1st grade teacher had to take her daughter home because she was sick. That meant that I was there by my self for the rest of the afternoon. The students were OUT OF CONTROL!!! I thought to myself, "Self, why are you doing this to yourself?" I know tomorrow will be a better day. I'm glad your TODAY was better.
haha! Bonnie you are so funny! Kids will be kids, eh? Go Jodi Jean!
...I'm waiting!
Post a Comment