Well, I made it! I flew in today and I made it safely from BWI to Arlington, VA! The apartment is amazing and it's in a great area of town. We've been here less than 24 hours and I've already been told twice that I look like a teenager. I'm off to a great start! :) But, we got to the apartment, picked our rooms, then a few of us went shopping at Costco. Since we don't have a car, we walked, which seemed like a great idea, because it's down the street about two blocks. The one downside: bringing groceries back...especially Costco groceries!!! We brought one big suitcase with us and shoved as much as we could in there to walk home. When we got back to the apartment, we saw a big section in a loading dock filled with shopping carts, so apparently that's another way to go: steal a cart.
Well, tomorrow, we meet with our supervisor, so hopefully we'll find out what we're doing out here! We're also going to roam around DC for a few hours to familiarize ourselves with the area. Fun fun!
The panic and fear is finally setting in a little, but I'm trying to focus on the positive! The girls I'm living with all seem awesome and it's beautiful here. This is going to be an awesome experience, but probably one of the most difficult experiences too.I'll post pictures on here as soon as I have a few!
1 comment:
I'm glad your trip went well and that the apartment met your expectations. It was fun to hear the excitement in your voice. I hope you enjoy every moment of your adventure. I'll see you soon!
Love, MOM
Post a Comment