Monday, November 26, 2007

I made a blog...and this one is real, not just an assignment :)

Well, I figured that I'll be having a lot of crazy adventures soon and the easiest way to tell everyone all of the crazy things that happen is through a blog. So, even though I have no husband, or kids to make my life more interesting, I'm starting a blog to share my stories with my family and friends! :)

So, I think I've told most of you, but I got accepted to do my student teaching in Washington, DC. I'll be living in a penthouse apartment called Crystal Towers in Arlington Virginia. I live with 8 girls, including Jessica. The complex has a 24 hour concierge, a pool, workout room, four bedrooms, two balconies, and it's right next door to a mall! :) BYU makes you pay a base amount for the time you're there and makes up the difference. So, we get an AMAZING apartment for super cheap! Here are a few pictures. It's in a really nice area, so all of you who are worried about me being in a scary neighborhood, it's really not bad at all!













































Also, I found out that I got TWO scholarships!! So, that'll cover tuition and my rent! So, basically, this whole DC student teaching thing is off to a great start!

I still don't know what grade level I'll be teaching. Hopefully I'll find out soon so I can start planning.

I fly out there on January 3rd and I have my first day of teaching on Monday the 7th. I think I'll be done around April 10th. The plus to all of this is that this will be the first year that I'll have a Spring break since I got to college. So, that's awesome!

2 comments:

the meyersons said...

Can I get a wha wha?! Welcome to the world of Blorks. Bloggin dorks

You are totally going to love being out here again.

Jessica and Bryant said...

We leave in one week...just in case you forgot. :) Love your guts!