Sunday, September 25, 2011

Football Games & Fine Dining

Everyone who reads this blog knows dear sweet Kawai. Now, you might know how the Kawai that opens my door every time I'm even approaching one. The Kawai who helps me move into my new apartment and my new classroom for hours and hours despite needing to move, himself. The Kawai who flies across the country to meet my family. The Kawai who forces himself to like animals because a certain fluffy poodle is important to me. The Kawai who basically treats me like a princess.

This month, thanks to some emotional BYU football games, I've now met a new Kawai. A Kawai who, bless his heart, tries so hard to pretend to be listening to me when I ramble on about nonsense at games. The Kawai who takes it personally when the cougs let him down. The Kawai who will defend Jake Heaps like he's his brother. And the Kawai who will get furiously mad when people talk about BYU football without knowing about BYU football. Look how cute he is, trying to look present in this picture.

While I don't have a problem with the sports fanatic side of Kawai that I'm just now fully understanding for the first time, he also has a dress-up-take-me-on-sweet-fancy-slightly-extravagant-dates kind of sides too. I'm not used to being spoiled (chad, keep your mouth shut), but this month, he's taken me to The Melting Pot and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. And we have a date planned to a pumpkin patch. A PUMPKIN PATCH!

I guess I'm going to have to agree with mom on this one (she's told me this at least 20 times)...He's a keeper.

No comments: