Friday, November 26, 2010

Current Obsession: Easy A

I've seen the movie three times, and it's not even out on DVD yet (which is one reason I'm grateful to live in Provo...the dollar theater really saves your wallet).

If you know me, you know I love a good 80s movie. I've seen all the good ones--Say Anything, Stand By Me, 16 Candles, The Goonies, The Breakfast Club, etc.--dozens of times. And Easy A is just the perfect blend of witty, quotable, literature-inspired genius to make me fall in love. And don't get me started on Emma Stone. That girl's hilarious in everything she's in, and it doesn't hurt that she's got smokin' hot red hair, ya know?



Fair warning: as any classic teen comedy, there's a decent amount of language and sexual innuendos, but if you don't mind that, it's fabulous.

"Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80's movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life."

...here, here, Emma.

1 comment: