Saturday, April 17, 2010

Craigslist CRAZIES


My roommates and I are moving back to our old apartment complex in Provo for the summer. Our landlords are trying to sell our townhouse, so we can't stay here past the summer anyway, so we thought, why not save some money and have a lot more fun this summer?

Well, our current place has a huge basement that we barely ever use except when we have ping pong tournaments. The landlords left their ping pong table, and we put a couch down there and a cheap pool table, both of which we found on craigslist for $50 each. We're going to be moving so much stuff, so we thought we'd just sell those since it's doubtful that we'll find a place big enough to fit them when we move again in the fall. Plus, neither of them are all that nice.

I posted ads for both of them on craigslist at about 8:00 on Thursday night, and by the time I went to sleep at 10:00, I had 8 emails about it, followed by 6 more emails by the next morning. Apparently the cheap, crappy couch market is really good these days.

Jessica had a lady come look at 5:15 and she paid us for both the couch and the pool table. We had listed them at $65 ($15 more than we paid), assuming people would ask to pay less. The lady paid us $70 for each, because she didn't have any change! We both made $20! I had to call a couple of people who planned on coming by around 9:30. One lady was really mad! She was like, "WHAT!! Oh no!!! How did that happen??? Oh, I really wanted it!" SUPER AWKWARD! Hasn't she ever bought anything on craigslist before?!?!? Who the heck yells at the person for selling an item before you get to it?

Anyway, she emailed me this morning:

Dear Jodi,
I have had you on my mind all evening long. I feel badly that you had to appoligize fir the couch being sold by your roommate. I am sure that it was not intentional. Plus the goal was to sell the couch and that's exactly what happened. Happy Days Right? I just wanted to let you know you are not blamed. I had just emotionaly already bought the couch and placed in our movie room. So the news was a shocker. Not your fault at all.
Do you remeber where you bought the couch in the first place and would you buy it again? Just out of curiosity.
Anyway,
Good luck in you next life adventure.
Stephanie Goodman;)


Seriously, CRAZY!

2 comments:

the meyersons said...

That's awesome that you sold it all. Remember you own me twenty bucks? Both you and Jess. Oh and your first born.

Bonnie and Mike Meyerson said...

I never did think the couch was as bad as you guys thought it was!