Friday, March 26, 2010

Back in the day

Two conversations lately have left me feeling ancient...

Last Night: "Katie, did you know that I went to an All American Rejects concert a while ago? I went with Sarah and Josh and all they knew were like the super popular, recent songs. And then I was singing along to all of their other, less popular ones, since I've loved them for such a long time. And they were like 'how do you know these???' and I was like 'I'm sorry I like songs from the 90s. Sorry I have a life!'"

Today: We were having a party in 11th grade English to celebrate ending a really hard unit. They wanted to watch a movie, and I'd brought all of the appropriate movies I could--Enchanted, Up, etc. I grabbed Saved By The Bell (yes, I own 2 seasons of it), because some of my seniors last year had liked watching it. The whole class was like, "uhhh what is that!!" They had no idea. And then they freaked out at Zack's cell phone and the fact that cell phones had antennas. I felt ancient.




It reminded me of my "Old School Summer Mix" that Jenny found and made fun of me for in high school. Jerk. :)

3 comments:

Bonnie and Mike Meyerson said...

Maybe I should get you a rocking chair for your birthday!

the meyersons said...

Seriously...how can you not know Zach Morris. He's all that.

Amber said...

The 90's ROCKED!!! I can't believe how deprived kids are these days. WHAT A SHAME!!!! Did you tell them you knew Slater???