Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Who says spirit week is just for the kids?

I have to admit...I kind of love spirit week just as much as I did in high school. Monday was fashion disaster day, so I wore a plaid button up shirt underneath a striped t-shirt, with a polka dot headband. Then I rolled my jeans up to show brown argyle knee high socks and gray tennis shoes. Hot, right? Well, yesterday was superhero day and...I was super lame and did NOTHING. I just couldn't find a single thing I could swing as superhero. Too bad I don't live in New Jersey. I'm pretty sure Travis still wears various superhero attire (and I quote in a voice resembling Napoleon Dynamite, "I'm so bummed G.I. Joe is coming out again. Now my Cobra Commander t-shirt will be trendy and not COOL anymore! Man!") But today was decade day and I went with the 80's.


Last night, I went to Target with some of my favorite girlfriends and we spent WAY too much time and money buying...uhh...what did we even buy? Certainly not anything we needed. But I added purple and black plaid leggings and sunglasses to my clothing repertoire. Charlie Bailey (who has already given me so many funny stories and quotes this year) had no idea what decade I was dressed as and had to ask me and I also got a lot of compliments today, but the funny thing is that I think that's because I'm dressed in THIS decade's style too. Yes, friends, my outfit is considered stylish these days. Who knows, maybe Cindy Lauper will get popular again too. Oh Cindy Lauper...

The four girls who terrorized Target for a good hour.

Love these two girls! They're the best roommates EVER.

2 comments:

Bonnie and Mike Meyerson said...

Nice outfit Jo!

jessica said...

Seriously one of the best nights EVER! We need to do this atleast every few months!