I spent about an hour after school working with one of my seniors on a critical analysis rough draft that is due tomorrow. Oh, how can I describe Spencer? Well, the easiest way to describe him is as Zack Morris. He's hilarious and and obnoxiously charming. Oh, and he comes in singing every word to Taylor Swift's "Love Story" daily.
Well, after helping him today he sent me a text. (This is how students ask questions, by the way. Email and phone calls are a time of the past.) He said: "Hey thanks a lot again. You're a really good teacher. I just don't get everything the first time :) but thanks a ton!" Considering that Spencer is not one to compliment, but more one to make fun of me for my weird teacher mannerisms (when I get mad, I put my hands on my hips and tilt my head to the side), it was a nice thing to say.
Then I can home tonight to see this on facebook:

I made the mistake of bringing seniors brownies one day after a big project ended and now I don't hear the end of it. It made me laugh. Sometimes my school frustrates me...well, a lot of the time...but sometimes I think that I couldn't have this experience anywhere else. It is such a unique atmosphere that lets you do things that would never work at any other school. Okay, that's my story. Goodnight!
3 comments:
I loved you story. It made me smile!
That is the funniest and cutiest teenage story I have heard in a long time!!!!
Are you trying to suggest you only put your hands on your hips and tilt your head when you get mad in teacher mode?
Post a Comment